6/12 Woodbury Street
Marrickville - 2204
Ph: (o 2) 564 1079
Mr Brian Langton
The Honourable Minister for Transport and Tourism
227 Elizabeth Street
Fax - 268 2971
Dear Mr. Langton
Could you kindly provide me with the following information requested. I request that information and statistics requested:
(a) be split into Sydney and country sections, wherever possible
(b) carry the "cutoff" date as well as the year it refers to (but 1 shall accept anything)
(c) go back as many years as the availability of records reasonably permits (from 1989)
(d) be by yearly sections, but where only other periods (e.g. 18 months, biannual, five yearly etc.) are available, that is quite fine by me
(e) you do not have exactly as requested, but have similar or different. figures in the original request is in, that you supply us with what you have.
Could you please provide:
1. The number of taxis operating in Sydney and NSW Each year.
2. The number of owners operating in Sydney and NSW Each year.
3. The number of operators operating in Sydney and NSW Each year.
4. The number of owner turn overs in Sydney and NSW Each year.
5. The number of operator turn overs in Sydney and NSW Each year.
6. The number of drivers holding licences each year.
7. The number of drivers being newly licensed each year.
8. The number of drivers leaving the industry each year.
9. The number of complaints against taxi drivers each year.
10. The number of prosecutions against taxi drivers each year.
11. The number of convictions against taxi drivers each year.
12. Amongst those convictions, number of being quashed in the Higher Courts
13. Classification of complaints by category and their numbers
14. Classification of convictions by category and their numbers.
15. The number of fares (jobs) (people) carried by taxis each year
16. The number of taxi drivers suffering from communication problems (e.g English)
17. The number of robberies, attacks, injuries, disablement and deaths of taxi drivers each year
18. The number of multi-cab owners (and the number of cabs they own e.g. 20 owned 10 cabs etc)
19. The number of multi-cab operators (and the number of cabs they operate e.g. 20 operated 20 cabs).